Sutton Student Art Competition // Sutton Avian Research Center
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for entering a piece into the Sutton Art Competition!
Please make sure to upload a jpg image of your work, as well as upload a pdf of your essay. (Essay will be on display to the public- make sure it is properly formatted and titled)
(Please note because we are doing digital submissions, you do not need to bring a copy of your essay when you drop off your artwork!) If you have questions, please email email@example.com and send us your name and phone number and we will return your call.
All artwork and essays MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE by January 10th at midnight. Any artwork brought on the drop off date that was not first submitted online will not be accepted. If you have questions or need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Locations In addition to an online submission, you must also submit your presentation piece to one of the following locations:
The Hive Jenks: 115 South First St, Jenks, OK 74037 Tel: 918-299-5005
- January 11, 4 - 5:30 pm and January 12, 10 - 11:30 am
University of Central Oklahoma- Oklahoma Center for Arts Education 100 N. University Drive, Evans Hall Rm 105a, Edmond, OK 73034 Tel: 405-974-3754
- January 12, 10 am – 4 pm
- All qualified entries will be showcased at The Hive Jenks from January 15-Feb 2, 2019.
- Winning entries will be announced at the Sutton Award reception on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019 at The Hive Jenks 1–3 pm. All students, families and teachers are invited to attend.
- Non-winning artwork must be taken between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm on Feb. 2. (If artwork is not picked up by the deadline, special arrangements will have to be made to pick it up in Bartlesvile, Oklahoma)
- The top winning artwork will be professionally framed and showcased at the 2019 NatureWorks Art Show and Sale (March 1-3, 2019). Winning artwork may be taken home at the conclusion of the NatureWorks Show.
- The committee’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be exchanged.
The Sutton Avian Research Center